KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Benson #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones

I want to start by saying this is a very hard review for me to write. I'm not sure what to say.

Did I like it? Yes.

Am I intrigued enough to read the next one? Absolutely, I would even go so far as to say that reading the next one is a must.

So, I will try my best at this. Here goes.

The first thing I noticed when I started this was that it was written in the first person. Normally, I'm not a fan but in this case it works. I can't explain how or why, it just does.

This book has me curious. I've been told just enough to know something hinky is going on, but not enough to know what it is. And dammit, I want to know!

The relationship between Amy and Liam just seemed off from the beginning. It was just too much, too soon. Yes, it was hot, steamy and sexy but it was also possessive, overbearing and scary. And frankly, I think I much preferred Jared to Liam. I've been contemplating what a relationship between Amy and Jared would've been like. Maybe in book 2? A girl can hope right?

If I was Amy, I would've been running around grabbing everyone's wrists looking for that damn symbol. Crazy? Maybe, but at this point who cares, she doesn't know who to trust or what to do. And I think I am as lost and confused as she is. A few times my brain was screaming for Amy to do something but at the end of the last page I was glad she didn't.

Are you confused? Yeah...

Now I want to apologize. If you have found my review scattered and confusing, I am very sorry. But that is how this book left me. Scattered and Confused and wanting answers.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://kumikoleilostinabook.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-escaping-reality-secret-life-of.html