KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Review: Between Friends by Vristen Pierce

Between Friends - Vristen Pierce

Maybe I was expecting too much going into this. I think the idea behind it is a good one, but the follow through was maybe lacking a little bit.

First, I have a hard time with a woman who is just beginning to find her sexual liberation taking a stranger home. And then taking his best friend home a week or so later. And these 2 encounters have been the extent of her sexual liberation journey.

Add to that, the fact that she took TOTAL strangers to her house. Ugh! beside the point anyhow, they aren't serial killers.

And then she had sex with one of them in a an alley and then the other in a parking lot. She's supposed to be sexually liberated not a slut. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with alley/parking lot sex, it just seems far-fetched for this woman (who doesn't understand double penetration) to go from prude to slut in like 2 minutes flat.

Ok, enough about that. The other aspects of the story I was fine with and actually enjoyed. The banter back and forth between some of the characters was funny.

But the ending? No one was left happy. I was left un-fulfilled. Maybe the next book sets everything right?

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.