KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Searching for Someday (Love Spells #1) by Jennifer Probst

Searching for Someday  - Jennifer Probst

Overall this was an enjoyable read.  I liked it, but there was just something holding me back.

It was light-hearted and fun.  It had humor and great characters.  It had a little bit of magic.  It had a super sweet, super smart canine.

I liked the gift/curse aspect of the story.  I liked Kate and I liked Slade.  Their chemistry was off the charts.  The secondary characters were great and I can see this series going on with some good stories for them.  I loved Kate's mom, she was awesome.  And Robert, he was so sweet.

So my issues?

Well, the whole virgin thing.  I mean, I guess I can see it, but I don't think it was necessary for her to be a virgin.  I think the relationship had plenty of other complications without that one thrown in.

And... the whole push away/pull back thing.  It just went on for too long.  Every time you think they've got it together and everything is good to go, one of them does something stupid and it starts all over.

Really, not too bad.  Will I read the next one in the series?  Probably.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://kumikoleilostinabook.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-searching-for-someday-love.html