KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Addicted To You

Addicted to You  - Becca Ritchie, Krista Ritchie

I want to preface this by saying that I don't think I have a clear rational explanation for giving this book 4 stars.  Some things just are.  THIS IS 4 STARS.  and its that simple.  It happens sometimes.  But because this is a review blog and I'm supposed to write a review, here goes.

This book is ugly.  It made me cringe.  I wanted to cry.  I wanted to throw it across the room.  But at the same time I could not stop reading it.

These two people are such a spectacular mess.  All they have is each other... and their addictions.  And its been this way for a very, very long time.

Lily and Lo are so dependent on each other that there addictions are entangled and I'm not quite sure how it will all play out in the next couple of books.  It isn't just the addiction, there are so many other issues that come into play.  Its a messy, messy place.

This is difficult, its been 2 days and I'm still having trouble with my feelings over this.  I'm twisted all up.  I apologize if this is incoherent.  That's what this book did to me.

I suppose if you are a person who has never had to deal with addiction, either your own or someone else's, this is an eye opener of sorts.  It gives you a glimpse into that world and possibly a different perspective on addiction.

There is no HEA so to speak, but there is some satisfaction in the end, and with that satisfaction you also get a bit of hope for Lily and Lo going forward.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://kumikoleilostinabook.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-addicted-to-you-by-krista-becca.html