KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Review: The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, An Urban Fantasy Romance (Biker Witches Mystery, Book 2) - Angie Fox

This one is going to be short and to the point.  Yay!

The second novel in the Demon Slayer series was true to form.  It picked up where the first one left off and kept up the campy feel.

While I did enjoy it, it felt like it was dragging a bit.  I thought Dimitri would have played a bigger role in the book, but it seemed this one was more about Lizzie coming into her own in the supernatural world.  Although, in the end she needed help to do so.

Like I said, I did enjoy it.  It was what I needed since I've been reading some pretty heavy stuff lately.  Granted there are parts of this that should feel heavy, but they don't.

Angie Fox has a knack for writing things in a way to keep them light even when they are very heavy.  Kudos to her.  I didn't feel like I needed to crawl in a hole, curl into the fetal position and bawl like a baby at all while I was reading this.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://kumikoleilostinabook.blogspot.com/2013/11/this-one-is-going-to-be-short-and-to.html