KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Review: Lucky Girl by Emme Rollins

Lucky Girl  - Emme Rollins

As much as I enjoyed Dear Rockstar, this one left me feeling a little flat.

I was excited to head back to the 80's with Sara and Dale and to see what was in store for them. Part of my problem was that it didn't have that same 80's feel as Dear Rockstar and that is what really drew me in.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this. I just had a few issues.

What made me really, really happy? The ending. I am really glad that it turned out this way, because my heart was breaking. And I really did not see it coming.

My issues:

It was only 150 pages and I don't think that was long enough time to fully develop this story.

The whole issue with Sara's biological father left me feeling unsettled. I mean, really, she accepts him, just like that? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of emotion involved.

And then there is the "step-beast", I would've liked to know more about what happened there.

All in all, it was enjoyable for what it was. If you've read Dear Rockstar, it won't kill you to read this (its only 150 pages), but you won't die if you don't. It might give you a little piece of mind though.

Copy received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://kumikoleilostinabook.blogspot.com/2013/11/review-lucky-girl-dear-rockstar-2-by.html