KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Addicted For Now

Addicted For Now (Addicted #2) - Krista & Becca Ritchie

Lily and Lo grabbed me in the first book. I was completely taken in my their dysfunction. This time around I was captivated by their bravery and persistence to beat their addictions. Not to mention, they actually let other people in to help them.

I loved the intensity of the love and friendship they had when they were dysfunctional, but watching them overcome their addictions together was just as powerful. There is no way either could have done it without the other. Not to mention, without Rose, Connor, and Ryke.

Now, add Daisy to the mix and you've got one big bowl of dysfunctional soup. But its great, they all play off of each other and some of their conversations are hilarious.

On a serious note though - I would think bringing the stigma associated with being a woman suffering from a sex addiction to the forefront would be a difficult task, but the authors did a wonderful job. I don't know how accurate Lily's treatment was compared to the real world, but I did appreciate the realism of how hard it was to find a qualified therapist (its hard enough to find one for more mundane things), as well as the prejudices against someone suffering from sex addiction.

And I can't wait to read Kiss the Sky and Hothouse Flower.

I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://kumikoleilostinabook.blogspot.com/2013/11/addicted-for-now-get-addicted-tour.html