KumikoLei

KumikoLei
Lost In A Book

escaping reality one book at a time

Review: Hard As It Gets

Hard As It Gets  - Laura Kaye

Ok, so I'm star-struck. I am totally in love with every single man in this book. For men who came back from Afghanistan broken, they are strong-willed and bad-ass as hell. And they are the good guys.

It breaks my heart what they've been through and then the cover-up just adds insult to injury. And Becca, she's been through the ringer too. You have two broken people who have great chemistry and need each other. It took so long for them to get it together, every time I thought they were there, something happened and they pulled back. It made it so much sweeter (and hotter) when it finally happened.

And Becca is not your typical heroine. She is a strong character. She may break down at times but she holds her head up and pushes through, even if she's on her own.

What I love the most is that these men came home on the brink of death and you find them here fighting to clear their names and save lives. Separately, they may have their own weaknesses but together they are stronger than ever. They may not be military Special Forces anymore but they damn sure are a force to be reckoned with.

As the first book in this series, Hard As It Gets is a great start. I can't wait for the next one. I have a feeling this series is going to be awesome.

Copy received from publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://kumikoleilostinabook.blogspot.com/2013/11/hard-as-it-gets-release-day-blitz.html